Department of Ayurveda
SGVP Holistic Hospital has de- addiction therapy centre where detoxification is done through Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. This programs are also developed to prevent or stop a person from their addictions such as alcohol, weed, tobacco, cigarettes, vaporized tobacco and other addictive drugs. De-addiction brings miraculous change in individual’s life and bring a new ray of hope for better future.
Abhyanga (oil massage) is a form of Ayurveda therapy that involves massage of the body with medicated luke warm oil. This oil is pre medicated with specific herbs for specific conditions. Under supervision of Ayurveda doctors the skilled therapists perform the Abhyanga which turns in multiple benefits.
- Improves sleep quality
- Relieves stress level
- High Blood Pressure is controlled
- Improves skin complexion
- Acts as an anti ageing practice
- Relieves fatigue
- Takes care of Vata disorders
It is included under one of the varieties of Murdhatailam.
Pls add the shloka here
Shirodhara, a major treatment modality of Keraliya Panchkarma, helps nourish the nervous and blood circulatory system in body.
It is used widely in management of various psycho- somatic disorders due to its effect in balancing hormonal secretions from various endocrine & exocrine glands.
It is used successfully in treating diseases like IBS, Diabetes mellitus, Hypertension, Premenopausal syndrome, Anxiety, Depression etc.
The patient is massaged on the head with suitable oil, if required full body massage can also be performed.
Patient has to lie in supine position on the Droni (Table) with pillow under the neck and Shirodhara device is placed over the forehead.
Its height is fixed in such a way that lukewarm oil/liquid should fall from the distance of 8-10cm in a continuous stream of the thickness of a little finger over the forehead.
The oil poured is recollected & reheated & again poured into Dharapatram.
It may be done for 7, 14, 21 days as per the severity of the disease.
Dhatunam Dridhata – Strengthens the brain and body tissues
Agnivriddhi – Increases digestive power
Varnaprasadana – Enhances skin complexion & Texture
Indriyasya Patavam – Nourishes all sense faculties and improve their work efficiency
Jaramandya- Retards early ageing process
Cheerajeevitam – Provide longevity
Keshaprasadana – Nourishes hair & scalp
Nidra – Provide sound sleep
- Mastishkagata Vatayadhi – Cerebro-vascular disorder.
- Shaishaveeya Vatavyadhi – Cerebral palsy.
- Ardita – Facial palsy.
- Anidra – Insomnia.
- Manyastambha – Cervical spondylitis.
- Unmada – Anxiety neurosis.
- Prameha – Diabetes mellitus.
- Uccha Raktachapa – Hypertension.
- Khalitya – Hairfall
- Palitya – Greying hair
- Streeroga – Gynaecological disorders.
- Basti therapy purifies and rejuvenates the Saptadhatu
- It offers deep tissue cleansing through elimination of toxins
- Basti is the main line of treatment in 80 different conditions caused due to Vata imbalance
- Basti is very effective in PCOD, Diabetes, obesity, hyper lipidaemia, paralysis, MND and other chronic disorders
Janubasti treats knee pain, stiff knees, ligament pain among other various maladies and improves the longevity of the knees.
The word Janu refers to knees and Basti for container or retaining something inside mainly the medicated oil.
- Increases the circulation in the region, as the herbal oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves.
- Pacifies one of the primary sites of Vata, relieving pain, soreness, and tension and restoring flexibility.
- Relieves chronic lower backaches and painful muscle spasms, stiffness, and degenerative problems.
Vastikarma is the procedure by which the medicines in suspension form are administered through rectum or genitourinary tract using Vastiyantra (Specific Apparatus).
Pls Add Shloka here
It is one important quotation mentioned in Charaka Samhita. Vasti is the most important procedure among Panchakarma procedure & the most appropriate remedial measure for balancing Tridosha dominated by Vatadosha.
Vasti is the prime bio-cleansing procedure as it perform variety of functions like
- Samshodhana (Cleansing effect)
- Samshamana (Palliative effect)
- Vajikarana (Aphrodisiac)
- Brimhana (Nourishing effect)
- Vayahsthapana ( Rejuvenating effect) etc
Vasti performs it action mainly in large intestine and from there it regulates five types of Vata situated in different regions within the human body controlling major sensory & motor reflexes.
Vasti due to its vast applicability is classified under various categorise by ancient Ayurveda Texts.
Depending upon the age, sex, disease and digestive power of the patient, type & dosage of Vasti is selected.
Having undergone Abhyanga & Swedana the patient is advised to lie down in left lateral position.
Small quantity of oil is applied on patient’s anus & nozzle of Vastiyantra.
The nozzle is gently inserted into the anal canal upto specific length & Vastiputaka containing mixture is pressed with uniform pressure.
The pressure is continued till only small quantity of fluid remains in the bag (to avoid air insertion)
Then the nozzle is removed gently & the patient is allowed to lie down in supine position.
Vatadosha is responsible for the formation & spread of Sweda, Mala, Mutra & other biological substance in the body. It is the major causative factor for disease of digestive system, nervous ystem and musculo-sketal system.
Vasti being the principle treatment for alleviating Vatadosha is considered as therapeutic procedure of maximum importance. That is why Vasti is considered half of the entire Chikitsa Paddhati.
- Pakwashyagata Vasti
- Mutrashayagata Vasti
- Garbhashayagata Vasti
- Vranagata Vasti
- Niruha Vasti
- Anuvasana Vasti
- Yoga Vasti
- Kala Vasti
- Karma Vasti
- Shodhana Vasti
- Lekhana Vasti
- Snehana Vasti
- Brimhana Vasti
- Pakshvadha (Hemiplagia, paraplegia)
- Gridhrasi (Sciatica)
- Kampavata (Parkinson’s disease)
- Vatarakta (Gout)
- Aamvata (Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Sandhigatavata (Osteo arthritis)
- Vibandha (Chronic constipation)
- Grahani (Digestive disorders)
- Jeerna-jwara (Chronic fever)
- Vandhyatva (Infertility)
- Sthaulya (Obesity)
- Prameha (Diabetes)
Acharya Sushruta who is considered as the father of surgery has described Agnikarma under parasurgical procedures.
In the present day of practice there are set of disorders, which do not respond to Bhaishaja, Shashtra and Kshara treatment modalities, if at all they respond, palliative relief is found & after sometime chance of recurrence do exist.
Agnikarma is one such promising procedure which is given utmost importance over all of above treatment modalities due to its permanent curative effect.
Agnikarma means the application of heat directly or indirectly to the affected part with the help of different materials like Pippali, Ajashakrita, Godanta, Shara, Shalaka, Jambavoushtha, Kshaudra, Sneha, Panchalauha shalaka etc.
Patient is advised to take Picchila Anna prior performing Agnikarma therapy.
Thereafter, the site of morbidity & local affected area is cleansed with Triphala Kashaya.
After assessing symptoms of the disease, vital spots and the strength of patient Agnikarma is performed by red hot Shalaka (Panchadhatu) at the affected body part.
The number of Samyaka Dagdha Vrana can be 5-30 depending upon the extent of diseased area.
Cooling agent like Kumari patra along with Madhu & Ghrita is applied to relieve the burning pain post operation.
After Samaka Vranashodhana the treated area is covered with Plota(Gauze piece) & proper bandaging is done.
It cure disease, which do not respond to any other treatment modality like Ksharkarma and other surgical interventions.
It is choice of treatment modality for Kapha and Vatajanya Vyadhi.
Least chance of infection in treated wound.
Least chance of recurrence of pathological phenomenon.
- Granthi (Cyst)
- Arsha (Non bleeding piles)
- Bhagandara (Fistula in ano)
- Arbuda (Malignancies)
- Gridhrasi (Sciatica)
- Vriddhi (Inguinal hernia)
- Sandhigata Vata (Multiple joint pain)
- Shleepada (Filariasis)
- Mashaka (Moles & warts)
- Ardhavabhedaka (Migraine)
- Galaganda/Gandamala (Thyroid dysfunction)
- Unmada (Schizophrenia)
- Kunakha (Infection in nail bed)
- Shotha (Oedema) etc
Raktamokshana is the blood cleansing & purification therapy in which the blood is expelled out from the body to reduce the quantity of toxic substances from the bodyand improve constitution of blood tissue.
It provides rapid and sometimes dramatic decrease in symptoms of various Raktapradoshaja and Pitta Pradhana Vyadhi’s (disease caused by vitiated Rakta& Pitta) mainly resulting in skin and GI disorders.
It is therapy of choice in some of arthritic complaints like sciatica, tenosynovitis and neurological conditions like diabetic foot ulcer.
Raktamokshana can be achieved through Shastra Visravana i.e using sharp metallic instruments or Anushashtra Visravana i.e using allied instruments like leech.
The patient should be subjected to Snehana & Swedana to enhance the mobility of vitiated Dosha.
In Shashtra Visravana, the lancet is inserted quickly neither too deep nor superficial in the middle of the affected vein without injuring the Marma points (Vital points). The maximum quantity of blood that may be let out should not exceed, one Prastha i.e 650 ml.
In leech therapy the leeches are applied directly to the affected part and covered with wet cotton over which cold water should be poured from above time to time.
After Samyaka Raktavisravana, the site is cleaned with normal saline & bandaging is done after sprinkling turmeric powder with bee honey to the bleeding site.
Periodic blood letting bestows the person with below mentioned benefits.
Excellence of colour & complexion
Improved power of sense organs, and good perception of objects by sense faculties.
Good digestive activity.
Enjoyment of comforts endowed with good nutrition and immunity.
- Kushtha (Skin disease)
- Visarpa (Erysipelas)
- Pidika (Boils & Carbuncles)
- Vidradhi (Abscess)
- Dadru (Ringworm)
- Pama (Scabies)
- Arbuda (Tumours)
- Vicharchika (Eczema)
- Indralupta (Alopecia)
- Shwitra (Vitiligo)
- Kadara (Foot Corn)
- Nasarsha (Nasal haemorrhoids)
- Vyanga (Hyperpigmentation)
- Yakrit-plihavriddhi (Enlargement of liver & spleen)
Fusion of Yoga, Aayurved and Ultra Modern Equipments
Basic slimming package – 10 days
Advanced slimming package – 21 days
Advanced plus package – 45 days
Mukh Lepanam is a very unique Ayurveda beauty treatment which is in practice for many centuries. It is highly effective in pimples, dark spots, blemishes wrinkles, discolouration. It rejuvenates the skin and makes one feel younger.
- Poor Eyesight
- Dry Eyes
- Irritation of Eyes
- Eye Redness
- Blurred Vision
- Night Blindness
Garbh Sanskar is designed to plan a dream baby through the ancient concept mentioned in Ayurveda. Garbh Sanskar program provides care for its physical, mental and spiritual development while in the womb. It would lead to development of ideal personalities for modern era.
- Elevation of children’s intellect and memory power
- Increases immunity in children
- Prevents from viral infections and allergic conditions during seasonal change
Though, Vamana is a completely independent bio cleansing procedure, generally it is preferred before Virechana (Therapeutic purgation) because if Virechana is administered without Vamana, the vitiated Kapha may descend to mask Grahani(duodenum) causing Agnimandya.
The patient is prepared for Vamana karma after proper Deepana, Pachana; Bahya – Abhyantara Snehana and Swedana sequentially for appropriate time period depending upon the Prakriti and koshtha of the patient.
Patient is advised to take Kaphotkleshaka Ahara like curd, black gram, rice cooked with milk and ghee etc., on the day prior Vamana karma.
Vamana is conducted preferably between 7-8am in morning in Kaphotklesha kala.
Medicine as per the diseased condition & requirement of patient is given full stomach along with Vacha and Madhu to lick in between.
After Samyaka Vamana the mouth & face of the patient is cleansed with warm water & Dhumapana (medicated smoking) with the prescribed drugs es. Haridra, Jati, Aguru etc., is performed.
Patient has to follow Sansarjana krama (controlled diet & lifestyle) till3-7 days as per the level of bio-cleansing achieved.
Protection against kaphaja disorders like bronchial asthma, chronic sinusitis, filariasis, recurrent pyrexia, various skin disorders, chronic coughing.
Detoxifies upper gastrointestinal tract & prevents from various peptic disorders.
Detoxifies respiratory tract & prevents from various respiratory disorders.
- Amlapitta (Acid Peptic disorders)
- Navajwara (Fever of recent origin)
- Shwasa (Bronchial asthma)
- Pinasa (Chronic Sinusitis)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis)
- Shleepada (Filariasis)
- Kushtha (Various Skin Diseases)
- Gandamala (Swelling in neck region)
- Prameha (Diabetic condition)
- Adhoga Raktapitta (Haemorrhagic disorders in lower body)
- Mukharoga (Disease of oral cavity)
- Unmada (Schizophrenia) etc
Virechana is considered to be the most effective way of eliminating the exaggerated Pitta Pradhana Tridosha from Panchyamanashaya (small intestine)
It is also highly preferable in Raktapradoshaja vikaras (Diseases caused due to vitiated blood), Mamsapradoshaja vikaras (Diseases caused due to poor muscle tissues), Asthipradoshaja vikaras (Bone & joint disorders), Majjapradoshaja vikaras (Bone marrow disorders) & Shukrapradoshaja vikaras (Low libido and infertility).
Patient is asked to undergo Poorvakarma i.e. Deepana-pachana (3-5 days) Snehapana (3-7 days), then Abhyanga & Swedana for three days; prior to Virechana karma.
The medicine for purgation is to be given early morning at 7-8am empty stomach in prescribed quantity.
Warm water is given in small doses, when the patient feels thirsty or the urge for evacuation is not felt sufficient.
After appearance of Samyaka Virechana Lakshana’s the patient is advised to take complete rest.
There after Sansarajana krama is to be followed for 3-7 days as per the directions of the physician.
- Imparts mental positivity
- Nourishes sense faculties
- Strengthens body tissues
- Imparts physical strength
- Improves digestive power
- Subdue early ageing process
- Improves skin complexion & texture
- Jeerna Jwara (Recurrent and Chronic Pyrexia)
- Pandu (Anaemia)
- Kaamala (Jaundice)
- Vatarakta (Gouty arthritis)
- Krimi (Worm infestation)
- Twakavikara (Eczema, allergic dermatitis & other skin disorders)
- Tamaka shwasa (Bronchial asthma)
- Galaganda (Goitre)
- Pakshyaghata (Hemiplegia)
- Madhumeha (Diabetes)
- Arbuda (Tumour)
- Vyanga (Hyperpigmentation)
- Unmada (Schizophrenia)
- Yonidosha (Female infertility)
- Shukradosha (Male infertility)
- Udararoga (Ascites)
- Vibandha (Chronic Constipation)
- Mutraghata (Obstruction of urine)
BENEFITS OF NASYA
- It helps in chronic sinusitis, migraine and headaches
- It is very effective treatment of cervical spondylosis, paralysis, High Blood pressure
- Helps in disorders of Ear, Eye, Nose, Throat
- Useful in treatment of hair falling, greying of hair & hair loss
- It improves complexion & texture of skin