NEUROLOGY & NEURO SURGERY
Department of Neurology at SGVP Holistic Hospital offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like.
- Acute ischemic strokes
- Intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic)
- Neuromuscular emergencies
- Neuro-infections and status epilepticus
- The neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke Management that also comprises of neurosurgeons and interventional specialists trained in acute stroke care
Procedures offered are intravenous, intra-arterial and mechanical thrombolysis, intracranial and extracranial cerebral vessel angioplasty and stenting, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, evacuation of the intracerebral clots using penumbra device and stereotactic technique.
The department of neurology at SGVP Holistic Hospital, is supported by well-equipped Neuro intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses.
TREATMENTS & PROCEDURES
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study, Electromyography, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP, SSEP, BAER), EEG, portable EEG and sleep lab
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including alzheimer’s disease
- Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA)