GASTROENTEROLOGY & GASTROLOGY
At SGVP Hospitals gastroenterology services division specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the liver and digestive tract/system, including the stomach, duodenum, gallbladder, biliary tract, pancreas, small intestine, and colon.
SGVP hospital, Ahmedabad has a full range of latest Endoscopic facilities including ERCP and MRCP interventions. We are providing round-the-clock services to the Gastro Intestinal emergency medical situations like blood vomiting, foreign body ingestion, hepatic coma, etc.
The Department also does Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomies for patients with long term swallowing problems such as malignant tumors of the head & neck or other neurological problems.
- Endoscopic Management of Chronic Pancreatitis
- 24-hour service for acute bleeds & acute liver failure
- Comprehensive workup in chronic liver diseases leading to liver transplant assessment.
- Serological assessment for Hepatitis A, B, C, D & E
Medical Gastroenterology & Hepatology deals Cases of jaundice.
- All kinds of liver disorders (cirrhosis of the liver & its complications).
- Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- All Hepatitis cases (HepA, HepB, HepC, Drug-induced, etc.)
- Gall Bladder Stones, Common Bile duct Stones
- Acute & Chronic Pancreatitis
- All cases of pain abdomen
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blood Vomiting (Hematemesis)
- Black colored stools (Malena)
- Blood in stools
- Diarrhea (Acute& Chronic)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease(Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’sDisease)
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (Gastritis, Gastric Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD )
- Dyspepsia (upper abdomen discomfort, bloating )
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( altered bowel habits )
Our team of consultants, paramedics & well-trained nursing staff offers expertise in general gastroenterology as well as: gastrointestinal cancers, gastrointestinal motility, inflammatory bowel disease, and viral hepatitis. We strive to provide patients with thoughtful, compassionate and timely care.
- Single Balloon Enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Liver biopsy
Other Open Procedure
- Therapeutic procedures by Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
- Band ligation and sclerotherapy of Esophageal varices
- Glue injection of Gastric varices
- Hemoclip application for ulcers and Dieulafoy’s lesion
- Sclerotherapy for ulcers
- Argon plasma coagulation (APC) for Angiomas and Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia (GAVE)
- Foreign body removal
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for early cancers and submucosal lesions
- Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) for Achalasia Cardia
- Nasojejunal tube (NJ) Placement
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) placement
- Gastric balloon placement for Obesity
- Diverticulectomy for Zenker’s diverticulum
- Dilatation of benign strictures
- Pneumatic Dilatation of Achalasia Cardia
- Self Expanding Metal stent (SEMS) placement for Malignant strictures
Colonoscopy and Single Balloon Enteroscopy
The Division of GI & Minimal Access Surgery, is equipped with the most modern facilities and carries out Laparoscopic & Open surgical procedures, offering state-of-art surgical treatment for diseases of Liver, Gall bladder, Pancreas & Gastro-Intestinal tract.
“At SGVP Hospital, we specialize in the surgical management of gastrointestinal diseases using advanced technology, latest guidelines, with an ethical & patient-friendly approach.”
The Division of GI & Minimal Access Surgery is equipped with the most modern facilities and carries out Laparoscopic & Open surgical procedures, offering state-of-art surgical treatment for diseases of Liver, Gall bladder, Pancreas & Gastro-Intestinal Tract.
Our aim is to be a care provider of the first choice, for the referring physicians as well as for the patients who seek surgical management for gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
We provide multi-disciplinary care involving Medical Gastroenterology, Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy-ERCP-EUS, Intensive Care & Interventional Radiology.